March 30, 2015

Summit Nutritions Pure Whey Protein Isolate ~ Review




I got an opportunity to try out Summit Nutritions' Pure Whey Protein Isolate. They sent me 3 free samples in the mail, they came in individual packets, and I have to say, 1 serving is a lot more powder than I thought it would be! I got the Natural Alpine Vanilla flavor; they also have a Natural Dutch Chocolate. You can check out the product on Amazon.



Per the label: 110 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0 sugars, 25g protein!!!, 136mg calcium, 0 sugars and 51g of sodium. Not bad! It's lactose free, gluten free, soy free and BSE/TSE free, non-GMO and Kosher certified. The no gluten and no GMO are really important to me; those are the 2 things that I'm focusing on intensely right now in my eating habits. I still have a long way to go, but I've made a start. I think this protein in a morning smoothie for breakfast is going to be great for my body! I have to say that I wanted to try a product like this to get more protein, because right now my diet isn't that great and I know I'm not eating all the nutrients that I need to be. Mainly because I really have no energy when I get home to cook, so I'll grab something super easy or small to eat. So this is a great benefit for me because it's got a lot of protein packed in one serving, and it's super easy: just mix w/a liquid and drink it!


So I mixed this in w/8oz of vanilla Almond Milk. Didn't taste funny, just tasted like vanilla flavored milk. It made my almond milk a little thicker too, which I really liked. Mixes well and doesn't get stuck to my shaker. Definitely recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment